Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Years Resolutions

This isn't something I normally do.  It is more my style to set goals one at a time, as the need arises.  However, I'm increasingly seeing the appeal of having a day (or two... I might do this again for my birthday) where you sit down and figure out where you want to be the next time that day rolls around, just to have a day to do it on.  So, here are my goals for this year, in no particular order.
  1. Release a new pattern every month, on average.  Creativity (and scheduling) tend to ebb and flow for me, so it's unreasonable I think to hold myself to one. every. month.  I may have none one month, and two the next, say.
  2. Organize my work space.  I've talked about this before, right now my desk is a disaster area.  I'm going to put together an organizational system for myself and actually USE it.
  3. Pay attention to my own needs, specifically in the form of remembering to take the time to exercise.  I have yoga videos now, that helps, right?  The ideal is to either walk my eldest to school and back OR do a yoga video EVERY day.
  4. Take one day a week off from work crafting.  Also from editing, if I can help it.  The last thing I need is to burn myself out... plus, I do occasionally want to work up somebody else's pattern!
Do you make resolutions?  I've noticed the "get organized" thing is a pretty common theme among my friends, at least.  In a year, we'll have to see how I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment