Thursday, August 21, 2014

Yarn Review: Your Mom Knits Lolo

The next pattern in Homestate Botany: Colorado - Indian Paintbrush - is actually already finished.  And even out of testing.  Slowly but surely, I will catch up on all my stuffs.  For this one I used this super awesome yarn:
Oh wait that was just the packaging.  Isn't it *cute?*  It was like Christmas in my mailbox!  I love it when yarnies add these extra little touches.  Also, it came with a super cute "Your Mom Knits" button:
Cute button is cute!  I freely admit I have no use whatsoever for little buttons like this, but I still like it, and it is currently displayed on my Yarn Along the Rockies tote with all my other useless buttons that I like.  And of course the yarn is really pretty, too:
This yarn is actually a little more variegated than it looks in the skein, which scared me at first - I have been burned trying to design in variegated yarn before - but this turned out really pretty.  You can still see the stitchwork, but the yarn is super fun all by itself, too.

My one issue is that this yarn did not take frogging so well.  That being said, I did frog it A LOT.  Seriously, I restarted that first sock literally four times, and one of those was from after the heel turn.  Those first few yards got a little thingy.

All in all though, I would use it again in a heartbeat.  It is super pretty, the finished fabric is really nice, and the customer service really takes the cake.  You just might want to be a better (or at least less error-prone) knitter than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment