Monday, August 29, 2011

Yarn on a Plane

I'm worried.  We're going to be flying to Texas this week to visit family, and I have no idea what I'm really going to be able to take on the plane.  I know that the official TSA rules are readily available online, but the fact of the matter is, any overzealous gate agent can decide that those rules don't apply today, and sorry you are not allowed to have that thank you very much.  On the other hand, it's a freaking long flight.  Plus waiting in the airport.

So, I have a plan.  Sorta.  Basically, I figure that a crochet hook, as long as it's not too small, looks less threatening than knitting needles... in addition, it's cheaper to replace if it ends up in the garbage at the gate.  We'll see how well it works.

1 comment:

  1. I have been traveling an average of every other week for more than two years with knitting needles in my carry on. They are allowed and I have not had any issues.

    You can not bring scissors or blades, but the needles and yarn are allowed. Also, I've been bringing my drop spindle since July.

    If you're still worried, print this page and bring it with you.

    http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1252.shtm

    ReplyDelete