Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Knitting

Well, the magazine project is in the mail, out of my hands, and theoretically this would mean that I have more time for all the other things.  Just now, not so much the case.  For the first time ever, I have committed to having a project ready in time to be a Christmas gift.  I will never be doing so again.  Behold, the trigger mittens of doom:
Yes, I am doing them two at a time magic loop, except that I'm using DPNs for the thumb (and probably for the one finger, when I get to that point).  The very fact that these mittens are not currently on FIRE is proof that I do in fact like my brother, they fill me with that much rage.  They are going to be very nice gloves.  But if he has any complaints about them (fairly unlikely, he is quite knitworthy), I cannot be held responsible for my actions.

In design news, it appears that everybody else likes my Evergreen Gloves as much as I do, which makes me extra excited to be working on another fingerless glove pattern.  Hopefully they will go into testing shortly after Christmas.  I'm also waiting with baited breath to see if my Galaxy Socks will be part of the Knitpicks IDP program.  Theoretically I'm taking a break.  Workaholic much.

No comments:

Post a Comment