Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ah, handspun...

How many yards do I have?  Heaven only knows.
So I love spinning.  I mean, seriously, I'm one of those crazy spinners that buys raw, unwashed fleece and processes it myself, by hand.  What I have a problem with is what on earth do I do with the resultant yarn.  A lot of it is in small skeins (hey, I get distracted easily), and it's difficult to know exactly how many yards of the stuff I have.  Thus, most of my handspun has been relegated to sitting in my stash.  But, I've been thinking about it, and have some ideas to use the lovely stuff.
  • Scarves and shawls.  If it looks like you're going to run out of yarn, you can just make them smaller.
  • Hats.  Don't take much yardage.
  • For my high quantity handspun, start with a sweater vest in mind rather than a sweater.  If there's still yarn when you've got the body sewn up, do your sleeves two at a time.
So yeah, handspun!  Hopefully I'll be able to stash down a little bit with this strategy.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, gorgeous colours! I vote a vest. And I agree, spinning is so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete